BEAMA's counterfeit leaflet
Do you have a problem with counterfeits of your electrical products?
Don’t be left out, join the BEAMA Anti-Counterfeiting Working Group – and protect your brand – in the fight against counterfeit electrical products, NOW!
Responsibility for ensuring only genuine quality products are used lies with all those specifying, purchasing and installing electrical equipment. International Law prohibits counterfeiting – free riding on names/reputations of others, receiving undue profits, providing no guarantee on defective goods. BEAMA’s campaign aims to stem the flow of counterfeit products at source – in marketplaces/transit.
Stay ahead of counterfeiters:
- Design-in anti-counterfeiting measures
- Trademark/logo protection/patents – ensure they are registered/valid in China/market countries
- Country of origin/brand name should be stamped – embossed is more effective – on products
- Mould-in protected marks (adhesive labels are no deterrent)
- Ensure high quality security labels/holograms.
- Use printed packaging
Suspect ‘too-good’ prices:
- If in doubt, check with brand owner/certification body
- Be sure – you are responsible
- Purchase only from an authorised supplier/distributor
If you manufacture/trade/install products infringing IP rights of our members, BEAMA’s Anti-Counterfeiting Working Group is on your trail.
Member benefits include:
- Protection for yourmarkets
- Group action – reduces action cost against culprits, increases effectiveness
- Stopping counterfeits at source – limits price erosion against copies of genuine products
- Action – shows support for distributors of genuine products, assists with product liabilities if counterfeits contained
- Brand image – helps if counterfeits are limited in the marketplace
MORE INFORMATION FROM:
WITH COUNTERFEIT ELECTRICAL GOODS IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT ECONOMIC HARM – IT’S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH.
For free copies of BEAMA’s hard-hitting ‘Counterfeit Kills’ film (DVD/CD-Rom formats in English and Arabic) phone: +44 (0)20 7793 3013;
Do you have a problem with counterfeits of your electrical products? Don’t be left out, join the BEAMA Anti-Counterfeiting Working Group – and protect your brand – in the fight against counterfeit electrical products, NOW!
Read others news